The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old July 26, 2005, 06:12 PM   #51
Dead

Jamie,

I wonder what I will bring... AK maybe?? Nope.... My FAVORITE gun will be will very surprising indeed I am sure, it is also one that has never made it to the range yet... I wonder what you are bringing as your favorite gun(s)?
Old July 26, 2005, 07:14 PM   #52
Jamie Young

MY Bulgarian SA93 is at the gunsmiths. I'm testing out this gunsmith to see if he can do things right. Getting a rail rivoted on to the receiver, and going to pick up an EOTECH. If I like it, I'll probable do that to some of my other AKs.

I'm going to see if I can like these AK things. A guy over on Battlerifles.com did a pretty good AK/M4 evaluation and I liked the AK more. We shall see...
Old July 26, 2005, 07:24 PM   #53
hoseman

I'll bring 2 ak's one is a mak-90 and a arsenal from texas that has a feg reciever, order black furnture on that one since the wood stock is short on me..and i bring a small table and some chairs. Hope to have the ar10 from armlite with some nice gadgets on it..shot my buddy's with jpriflies recoil brake on it and it was sweet...
Old July 27, 2005, 04:40 AM   #54
K80Geoff

Good idea Hoseman! Bring a small table and chairs as the range tends to get crowded, especially the pistol range.
Old July 27, 2005, 08:13 AM   #55
Jamie Young

JSHolsters and Your American Backyard will have a table and tent setup with holsters and other items they sell, and I'll setup an area for you guys to put your tables and chairs for your gear. We have a few other sponsors that may make last minute decisions to set up booths, but this shoot was at such a short notice, they they don't know if they will be able to do it until the last minute.

I'll have a floor plan by August 20th
Old July 29, 2005, 12:55 PM   #56
dave_in_delaware

Um, is this meeting for 2005, or is this an old post that we've been talking about? Because I had called Water and Wings on Tuesday to get more info and directions, and they called me back this morning (left message) and said they DO NOT HAVE anything scheduled like that for this year on that date!!! I just called back, and she's going to double-check w/ the manager. They have nothing on the calendar for that date like this. I will post a follow-up once I get a call back from them. This isn't good. I told her she's gonna have a lot of people showing up that day!

Update: OK, someone different just called me back. Looks like Jamie had just reserved the range for the day. They had no info on the details or anything, and the other woman had no clue about it. Whew! But now everyone there knows about it. Sorry for my alarm. I feel dumb now.

Last edited by dave_in_delaware; July 29, 2005 at 01:09 PM. Reason: updated info
Old July 29, 2005, 07:49 PM   #57
K80Geoff

OK...just for that you get to hold the glock during the gunsmithing class!
Old July 29, 2005, 08:19 PM   #58
Marcus

Jamie,how`s the sign up for the Utah CCW class going? You can put me down for two students. Marcus
Old July 29, 2005, 09:27 PM   #59
Jamie Young

Jason Schafer (of JSholsters.com) is running that so its best to email him and tell him you are taking it.

He needs to schedule each class ahead of time.

If you want to take the Utah CCW course...

Old July 29, 2005, 10:39 PM   #60
Marcus

Will do. Marcus
Old July 31, 2005, 11:20 AM   #61
Vitamin G

Definately interested in coming, and possibly bringing a friend. If I'm able to make it, i'll be bringing :

Kimber TLE II
(w and w/o .22 kit)
Norinco 1911
Colt Delta Elite
FM Hi-power
Kel-Tec 380
Ruger Mk II

SAR-1
Bushmaster superlight
"Ultimate" 10/22 for those of you who frequent rimfirecentral.
Old July 31, 2005, 07:39 PM   #62
DanV1317

DEAD, i can probably round up a m1 carbine also for you to tinker with.
Old July 31, 2005, 08:56 PM   #63
DanV1317

Everybody should put like 2 or so of the guns they are shooting on their name tag. would make it alot easier to find somebody with something you have been eyeing up in the gun shop.
Old July 31, 2005, 09:10 PM   #64
Jamie Young

I am keeping most of my firearms in the car untill somebody asks me to bring it out. I would not expect to bring every firearm to the firing line with you. Make sure you tag all of your gear so you don't confuse it with other peoples.

I'll be doing a lot of walking around, so I'll be asking people if they have any requests as I go around. If you are looking for something please let me know.
Old August 1, 2005, 09:11 AM   #65
TeamCORBON

I might be able to make it. I would be able to bring along a new 460 Mag and a 4" 500 mag if there's any interest. Naturally, I'd bring along ammo for them as well. I would also bring along an assortment of other ammunition we manufacture for folks to try.
www.CORBON.com
Old August 1, 2005, 09:20 PM   #66
Jamie Young

I look forward to having you there, Mike.
Old August 1, 2005, 10:25 PM   #67
Marcus

Oooo I`d like to try that 460 Mag. Be careful though,these get togethers of Jamies are addictive. Marcus
Old August 2, 2005, 04:10 PM   #68
Dead

I would like to try em both.... Also if you come does Corbon make 44mag loadings I would like to try some of that stuff in my Ruger Super Redhawk!

I know Marcus is a HUGE Corbon fan... Those 10mm rounds are nice and hot that is for sure!
Old August 3, 2005, 06:57 PM   #69
DanV1317

Out of curiosity, i picked up a super sniper 20x. These things have been getting rave reviews, and not many people have them yet. I really wanted to check one out, but i couldn't find anybody who had one, so i figured i'd go for the plunge (very few people have even heard of them). we will have to put it to the test on the 20th. they are at a very very affordable price, so if you are interested, look around for me to check it out.
Old August 5, 2005, 11:25 AM   #70
dave_in_delaware

dueling or toy pistols?

Along w/ my shotgun, I inherited small pistols from my grandfather. Really small. I have no clue if they're just toys, or strange little dueling pistols or one-shot easily concealed pistols or what. My grandmother didn't even know he had them! LOL. They're metal, look "real" but I really have no clue. This newbie just doesn't know a lot about guns. Will anyone be there that can tell me about these pistols if I bring them along? Thanks for being patient w/ me. I'm trying.....

1. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (1110 rnds as of 06/18/05)
2. Springfield Armory XD-9 sub-compact (w/ blue & silver GK, gift for fiancee)
3. Ithaca Gun Company Model 37 12ga shotgun (from Grandfather)
4. Future: AR-15 build
Old August 5, 2005, 12:26 PM   #71
Asmodeous

I'm curious; can I bring NFA toys along as long as there is no full auto shooting? I have a couple of things I'd like to sight in at longer than indoor range distances.
Old August 6, 2005, 10:06 AM   #72
Dead

I dont see why NOT, as long as you can shoot them non-FA.. As far as I know the rules only say "NOT FULL-AUTO", "No Tracers / incendiary ammo" Anything else should be a-ok.
Old August 7, 2005, 03:06 PM   #73
Jamie Young

Quote:
I'm curious; can I bring NFA toys along as long as there is no full auto shooting? I have a couple of things I'd like to sight in at longer than indoor range distances.

I'd love to say, YES! But I don't have that authority. There is a pretty big feud with some of the locals up there and if the Sheriff showed up because of complaints about FA gunfire....then we'd have to prove we weren't firing full-auto.

I've seen that law bent a few times this year but I'd be held liable since I'm organizing this.
Old August 7, 2005, 03:48 PM   #74
Dead

Ah no Thompson then I know that can be set to semi.
Old August 7, 2005, 08:43 PM   #75
Asmodeous

Quote:
I'd love to say, YES! But I don't have that authority. There is a pretty big feud with some of the locals up there and if the Sheriff showed up because of complaints about FA gunfire....then we'd have to prove we weren't firing full-auto.
Can I call the range and ask? IM me a phone number and I'll be polite.

All of my FA guns can be set to semi, FWIW. I'll bring the Thompson along for fondling; don't think it would be much of a 100+ yard gun