The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 29, 2013, 12:19 AM   #1
4whln

AR Build update

I am building my first AR, and have posted on here a couple of times a while back asking a few questions, so I figured I would post up a little update and see what y'all think and maybe ask a few more questions. So far I have:

Spike's stripped lower receiver
Spike's stripped upper receiver
Troy 11" Alpha rail
Troy folding rear dioptic sight
Troy folding front M4 sight
White Oak Armament 16" SS 1:7 barrel with headspaced bolt to that specific barrel (what the lgs had in stock, otherwise I'd have went 1:8)
BCM Mod4 charging handle
BADASS safety
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul MOE buttstock
Magpul MOE enhanced trigger guard

Only things I have left on my list:

White Oak Armament BCG
LPK
AAC Blackout flash hider

Can't decide on what trigger to go with, guy at the lgs recommended an ALG QMS with Geissele springs. But I almost think it'd be better if I dropped the cash and bought a Geissele SSA-E instead. What do you guys think?

What else am I missing? Like I said, this is my first AR build, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old December 29, 2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Fishbed77

Quote:
But I almost think it'd be better if I dropped the cash and bought a Geissele SSA-E instead
The Geissele SSA-E sounds like it may be a a little overkill unless you plan on a scoped precision rifle. The Geissele SSA or ALG trigger group will probably serve you better.
Old December 29, 2013, 01:21 PM   #3
CTS

I am using the ALG QMS with JP reduced power springs in one of mine with the adjustable grip screw from Joe Bob's to take up the pre-travel. I have less than 70 dollars in it and it's a pretty decent set up.