The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 14, 2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Gbro

Game Camera ......

I didn't want to add this to the other thread,

A friend just told me that he went out to his lease to retrieve the game cameras and upon his approach there was blood and hair all over the place. A deer had been ripped apart and consumed right in front of his game camera.
He was very un-nerved by the freshness of the kill and the extent of the gore and hurriedly retrieved the camera because he had left his wife back on the trail.
Getting back home he puts the memory card into the computer and the only picture was of his mug when he installed the camera! The camera was froze and didn't take any pictures.
When I asked if he took a cell phone pic of the site, he figured he had all the pictures he needed in the trail camera.
Now that is my luck also!

Of course some of those self portraits taken installing trail cameras can be rather funny
Old December 14, 2010, 11:31 AM   #2
BILLtheDJguy

Froze as in supernaturally, or literally?

I would have secured the little lady, grabbed some friends, and went back to do a little detective work...
Unless it appeared quite innocent and he was just disappointed to have not captured it on camera.
Old December 14, 2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Gbro

Quote:
Froze as in supernaturally, or literally?
literally
It has been below zero for past week.
Just about time to dig out the long handle underwear.