The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 6, 2002, 05:43 PM   #1
SAWBONES

Mossberg Tactical Light Mounts?

I have an 18" barrel, 8-shot mag Mossberg 500 occupying the place of a HD shotgun, to which I'd like to mount a tactical light.

I'd appreciate any experiences TFL members have with these.
My preference is NOT to use the forend-mounted type (which requires replacing the existing forend, and mounts the light rather lower than I'd like), and I'd rather have a mount which permits the light to be positioned to the side of the barrel or mag tube. Still, if you have this type and find it works well, please say so.
I'm aware of many of the available brands and styles.
Please share your experiences with these mounts regarding stability, reliability, and how coaxial the light beam is with the barrel at short ranges.
Thanks.
Old January 6, 2002, 10:03 PM   #2
9mmMike

I think the one that Sidearmor sells fits your requirements. I bought two of these for 870's. One was for a friend's 870 MM and the other for my HD Express. They fit well and can be set up for left or right handed shooters. It is my understanding that they will be coming out with a model that does not have the sling mount on it as an option.
http://sidearmor.net/
I have yet to put a light on mine but I hope to have one soon.
Then I will need to take an advanced tactical class where I can actually learn how to use it.
So,,,,,,,I can not help with any subjective reviews of how it works but I can tell you that the quality of this mount is quite high.
Mike
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!
Old January 8, 2002, 10:36 PM   #3
Gary H

I have a TacStar with fingertip pressure switch on my 870 and Carbon 15. They run less than $70 and work great. Once you get the pressure switch situated right, you need to use a strong adhesive. Bright, reliable and easy to use. Bought mine at either Brownells, or MidSouth.
Old January 11, 2002, 06:33 PM   #4
maxxx93

I've got a tacstar as well, works great, short money compared to most tac lights.
Available here.
http://www.wholesalehunter.com/produ...es/1081025.HTM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tacstar.jpg (72.3 KB, 74 views)