The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 24, 2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Jim Kelly

Correct Scope for Handgun Shilouette

I have a T/C and will be doing 200m standing shooting. It appears shooters are useing variable power scopes. In reading the scope information it always
indicates that when you go to higher magification the eye relief shortens greatly. Are these being modified to keep the eye relief at normal arms length
for full scope view?

Jim K.
Old December 25, 2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Doyle

Even though I don't shoot silouette, I do have a long-range pistol. I've got a Leupold 2.5-8 and it almost has too much eye relief. Dialed down to its longest power, I have to hold it at full arms length to see through it. Unfortunately, the areas that I want to use it for hunting don't call for a higher power so all that extra magnification doesn't do me any good.

Dialed up to its highest power, eye relief is still OK even at full arm extension.