The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 31, 2012, 12:01 PM   #1
howabouttheiris

CZ 720 Receiver Fin Sight Issue

So looking at the top of the CZ-720, the barrel rib is aligned with the top of the receiver.... BUT the receiver has a fin pattern cut into the top.

I find that when I quickly shoulder the gun and look down the barrel, I can easily see thru the fining and am getting mis-aligned. This is hurting me on long shots.

I was thinking of adding a "leveling" block or something to the top of the receiver to help out. Maybe a ghost ring, shaved down pistol rear sight, or just fill it with compound.

Anyone else have this issue? Can you recommend an addition (that does not include purchasing a new gun, as it is not in the budget)?
Old December 31, 2012, 08:01 PM   #2
BigD_in_FL

Sounds more like your stock needs some tweaking to make it fit properly. You should not be seeing ANY rib as you look down the barrel