The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 26, 2012, 11:41 PM   #1
markopolo

M.o.l.l.e. For revolvers

I have come to the conclusion that some stitch cutting , and speedy stitcher/barges cement work may be the way to turn a 1911 molle holster into a revolver holster . Some patience and study of stitch knots should put me/us on the right trail . I already use cement on all cheap commie stitching. They use the cheapest thread they can find and sell it to us . I cement all new china stitching , scrape off excess and do it again . Backpacks , shoes , every molle stitch and cross stitched strap. I have found that it can double the life of the crap we are forced to purchase from china today . Has any one gone down molle rebuilding road ? I have only reinforced thus far . I will photo my rebuild and post so it could help others . Any stitching knowledge welcomed , thank ye kindly !
Old January 28, 2012, 11:20 AM   #2
ClydeFrog

Bianchi-intl UM84R...

To my understanding, the UM84R 4" barrel K/med frame DA revolver holster is nylon & can be used on MOLLE type military gear.
See www.bianchi-intl.com . I've owned a black nylon UM84R holster since 2006 for my stainless steel Ruger GPNY .38spl.
Blackhawk, www.blackhawk.com may also have some nylon holsters that can fit MOLLE units.
Old April 15, 2012, 02:54 AM   #3
markopolo

MOLLE HOLSTERS FOR REVOLVERS 1911 rebuild

I have been ripping seams and retro fitting MOLLE 1911 type holsters to fit my revolvers . By just moving the retention ,or main strap over and lower you can molle all your wheel guns . All there is to it is carefully cutting the threads on the existing retainer strap , and "sewing awl " or "speedy stitcher" the strap to the correct placement . A bit of nylon blocking in front of the trigger guard sewn and glued in as required . If you use a heavy needle and a awl as a starter on tough-glue-seams you will be less likely to poke yourself in your palm . Seam seal all stitching , especially factory china crap... I will post pics after I do 10 or so rebuilds . '
Old June 16, 2012, 08:38 PM   #4
markopolo

M.o.l.l.e. Revolver holster rebuild

A "AWL FOR ALL" stitcher is easier to work with when re-stitching and rebuilding a nylon 1911 generic holster . When piercing thru 4 or so layers of codura type nylon , a ice pick and a block of wood is needed . I have broken stitcher needles that are expencive ...Word to the wise from my errors . For cheap prices you can rebuild holsters to fit your revolver , A great degree of satisfaction will be there on completion of your project . TAKE YOUR TIME , don`t get in a hurry and seam seal all stitches with weld-bond or such . Judges and large frame 4" will fit into 1911 molle holsters with some work .
Old June 16, 2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Sixer

If you have the time to "Saddle Stitch" by hand, it will be much sturdier that your Awl for All thing.

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Tags
m.o.l.l.e. for revolver