The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old February 28, 2008, 05:00 PM   #176
Boris Bush

Glenn E. Meyer

I hear ya on the Glock. I have owned a couple in the past and they just didn't do it for me. My buddy has two G19s and to tell you the truth if I liked them I would carry one. It is just an opinion, but I believe the G19 is second only to a full size 1911A1 for best pistol ever designed (23 for the 40 s&w fans).

Right now my two main carry guns are CZs that are either safety off DA or cocked and locked.
Old February 28, 2008, 05:12 PM   #177
Playboypenguin

Quote:
I've seen high level shooters forget the safety and do the Oh, Poopy yelling dance several times.
That is why I prefer revolvers and DAO pistols. My Kahr and Sig have the greatest safeties ever made...a long trigger pull. There are no manual safeties to remember or forget. My Sig can be SA but I always carry it de-cocked.
Old February 28, 2008, 05:16 PM   #178
spacemanspiff

Whats next, someone suggests disabling safeties on weapons?
Old February 28, 2008, 06:25 PM   #179
Frank Ettin
Staff

I've never seen a 1911 shooter fail to properly disengage the safety either in competition or in training. I also find it passing strange that it seems like the only guys who I've heard claim to have seen such things like Glocks.

You guys use whatever you like. I'll stick with my 1911 in condition 1.
Old February 28, 2008, 08:10 PM   #180
Playboypenguin

Quote:
I also find it passing strange that it seems like the only guys who I've heard claim to have seen such things like Glocks.
I have seen people forget to disengage a safety at the range many times...not just with 1911's but with all kinds of guns that have manual safeties and I am not a lover of Glocks.
Old February 28, 2008, 08:27 PM   #181
Frank Ettin
Staff

Playboypenguin, not that I doubt you, but I'll still stick with my 1911 in condition 1.
Old February 28, 2008, 08:30 PM   #182
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Playboypenguin, not that I doubt you, but I'll still stick with my 1911 in condition 1.
Nothing wrong with that if you train with it. I carry a 1911 (ParaOrd Slim Hawg) myself sometimes. DA is just my preference...not my rule.
Old February 28, 2008, 09:28 PM   #183
pax

We're drifting a bit off-topic, and had been going in circles for awhile before that, so I suppose it's probably time to close this one down.

Thanks for the interesting discussion, everyone. Feel free to open new threads on related topics.

pax
Closed Thread