The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 2, 2000, 07:23 PM   #1
fyrfytrj

Well, I did a very thorough cleaning. I did notice that on the receiver where the cartridge interrupter slides up and down, there was a nice wear mark growing. So I looked at the interrupter and saw a casting mark on it that protuded out slightly. I took it off with a file and noticed that the whole cartridge interrupter looked like it had a defect from the factory. I fixed it as best as I could and polished the casting mark out of it. (BTW, I have a new interrupter on its way from Mossberg) I re-installed it and lubed it up with Break-free and it seems to be feeding fine now. It no longer looks like the interrupter is slow. It feed fine when I cycle it slow and fast. When I get the new one I will polish it up and hopefully all will be well. Anyone else experience anything similiar??? Anyone have comments?????
Old February 2, 2000, 07:42 PM   #2
jcoyoung

Good to know you found and fixed the problem. I haven't had the kind of problem you describe.

It's good to know that Mossberg is sending you a new interrupter. My 590 came with a broken front swivel stud. They sent me the part with no hassles.

Jason

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side