The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 3, 2010, 10:01 PM   #26
Gatofeo

See my post, "So You Want A Cap and Ball Revolver?" in the sticky section above. Lots of good info there.
A separate loader is not necessary, in my opinion. Use the one mounted on the revolver. A loading stand that holds the revolver upright, preferably the folding type that is hinged, makes loading easier. The folding variety makes it easy to bring in the shooting box.
Buy a shooting box bigger than you think you'll need. You'll eventually fill it with accessories, and perhaps necessities for other caliber revolvers.
You picked a good revolver to start with. I'm certain you'll enjoy this newfound hobby ... obsession ... quest ... the activity defies definition.
Old December 4, 2010, 12:16 AM   #27
napp

Gatofeo,

Thank you!

I had to chuckle when you said, "See my post." Heck, I've printed it out; and re-read it so many times that I almost have it committed to memory. For a novice such as myself, your post has been a real treasure trove.

Before I forget, thank you again.