The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 1, 1999, 07:58 PM   #1
MSGBN

I know that factory MP5s are good to go but what about the HK94s and SP89s that have been converted? Since they've had alot of modifications I wanted to know if they get tempermental and jam or wear out prematurely? I just bought an MP5A3 but I don't actually have it (waiting on the paperwork) and I wanted to know what to expect. Also the gun I bought has a LaFrance sear and an Urbach barrel and I haven't heard about either of them before. Does anyone know anything about the quality of these items? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by MSGBN (edited September 01, 1999).]
Old September 2, 1999, 11:43 PM   #2
blades67

I don't have first-hand knowledge of Urbach, however I understand them to be of high quality. You're on your own with the LaFrance sear.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~
Old September 5, 1999, 06:12 PM   #3
HKIL

Hey MSGBN, I think I saw your gun, is that the one at Scott Moss gun & tackle in CT.?
Sorry, but I had to look at it(Scott said that everyone was admiring your gun)it's a beautiful gun.
I'm new to this full auto stuff, and don't know the answers to your questions, but I have heard that LaFrance sears are pretty good.
Good luck and have fun with your gun.
P.S. Can you let me know how difficult the whole process is.
Old September 5, 1999, 10:16 PM   #4
MSGBN

Blades 67,
Thanks for the information. I've been looking for stuff on LaFrance but almost nobody has heard anything on them except that they used to make movie guns.

HKIL,
I guess you saw somebody else's weapon, the one I'm getting should be down in Georgia.
Thanks anyway and I'll give you sitrep on how everything goes paperwork wise. Kraig

[This message has been edited by MSGBN (edited September 05, 1999).]
Old September 6, 1999, 02:38 AM   #5
Highpower1

MSGBN,

If your getting your MP5 from Advanced Arm. Inc. in GA, you will be well taken care of. Kevin is a great guy and he wouldn't be doing you wrong with your purchase. I have bought several items from him in the past and consider Kevin a friend.

I know this doesn't answer your question at all, but when I saw you write GA, Kevin was the first guy I thought of that was selling piece of equipment.

Let us know how it shoots for you. Take care and enjoy it.
Old September 6, 1999, 03:46 PM   #6
MSGBN

HiPower1,
Nope, I'm buying it from a place called the Firing Line near Athens GA. I don't know much about them but a buddy of mine knows the guy and he said he's squared away. Thanks for the information anyway.