The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 7, 2017, 10:03 AM   #1
big tubz

LR-308 build: What have I missed?

So for starters I should say that I have no experience doing gun builds. I do a lot of shooting: mostly pistol and skeet. I got a colt 6920 2 years ago and after putting a couple thousand rounds through it I have decided i want to try and reach out a little further. So now I am embarking on a 308 build and confusing myself every step of the way. I think I have a finished design with all of the major components accounted for. I'd like you guys to help me out and let me know if there is anything that i missed, mainly things like connector pieces/pins/minor components that i would never think to order. Also let me know what you think about the build as a whole, what parts you think i can save some money on, if certain components aren't compatible (i've done a lot of research and they all should work together). And i know this is a fairly high end rifle for someone with as little experience as myself, but i know if i go cheap i will just end up upgrading them in a couple years when my skills outgrow the gun so i figured i should just start nice. Thanks in advance for all your advice!!

Lower/Upper/Handrail
Aero M5 upper, lower, 15" handrail, cerakote tan

Barrel
JP Supermatch 20", 1:10, medium contour, w/ muzzle break, low profile gas block, black, comes w/ bolt

Trigger
geissele SD-E 2 stage 2.3+1.3 lbs, mil spec

Stock
Magpul PRS III

bolt carrier group
Aero NiB

Lower reciever parts kit
Aero M5 standard comes w/ grip & trigger

Buffer tube kit
Aero A2

Gas tube
wherever rifle length
Old February 10, 2017, 01:15 AM   #2
shaunpain

All that stuff will work together. Just ensure that your bbl extension is DPMS and your handguard is DPMS High Profile. Good luck!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Tags
308 , ar build