The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 16, 2008, 09:39 PM   #1
Yoosta B. Blue

Lyman "Ideal 55" Powder Thrower

I recently bought a bunch of powder and I have traded some of it for reloading equipment that I need. This morning I traded some of it for a Lyman Ideal 55 powder dropper. It has been well taken care of, and it looks like it will work fine. I guess it's not a big deal, but since mine didn't come with any instructions, I'm wondering whether any of you reading along out there might have the instructions that you could send me a copy of? If so, please send me a PM and I'll reply. Thanks!

YBB
Old March 17, 2008, 02:03 AM   #2
David Wile

Hey Yoosta B. Blue,

I've had a Lyman 55 powder measure more than forty years now, but I am afraid I have no instructions to copy for you. If someone else has the instructions and can send them to you, that is just fine. If on the other hand, you can't get any from anyone, I would be glad to write some basic instructions for the measure. If you need my help, send me an E-Mail whenever you like: ( [email protected] ).

Best wishes,
David Wile
Old March 17, 2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Yoosta B. Blue

Many thanks, David. Someone may come along who can copy them for me, but I've sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

YBB
Old March 17, 2008, 08:17 AM   #4
geocole

Lyman has instructions for the 55 powder measure on there web site.
http://www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/index.htm
Old March 17, 2008, 09:41 AM   #5
Yoosta B. Blue

Many thanks, geocole. I looked at the instructions, then "played" with the powder measure. I did several test charges, weighed them in two different scales to see how they read them, and I see now exactly how it operates. No need for anything to be sent via PM or e-mail. I'm ready to go now. Thanks again!

YBB
Old March 17, 2008, 12:33 PM   #6
David Wile

Hey YBB,

I just sent you a response via E-Mail. I had not seen the post by Geocole. The site provides excellent instructions for the 55 measure, and now it seems the information I sent you is not needed. Have fun, and if you have any other questions, just ask.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile