The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 6, 2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Ricklin

Time for a progressive

Santa needs to bring this good little boy an Lock-n-load AP. Santa's helper can't find this press anywhere for a good price, all on backorder.
I'm going to call Hornaday Mon. I want to grab their free 1000 bullets deal and it expires at year end. I just have a little time in reloading so far, it is time consuming, but relaxing. I will start with 9mm on the progressive.
Old December 6, 2008, 09:05 PM   #2
zdogk9

Try Natchez, heard they had them, good price too. I think Hornady will continue the 1000 promotion deal. Hearing good things about the new eject button as opposed to the wire eject. Might give Hornady a call and ask who has the press in stock.
Old December 6, 2008, 10:21 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Try Natchez, heard they had them, good price too. I think Hornady will continue the 1000 promotion deal. Hearing good things about the new eject button as opposed to the wire eject. Might give Hornady a call and ask who has the press in stock.
If you've decided on the Hornady, then I must shout at the top of my lungs in agreement with zdogk9....get the eject button style.

The ejector wire is an abomonation to mix it with 9mm. Nothing good comes this way...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old December 6, 2008, 10:28 PM   #4
Ricklin

Natchez has a great price, Ed there was very nice when he said to call Hornaday, as they don't know when they are getting anymore. The press seems to be on backorder with all the usual e-tailers. Can't beat the deal with the free bullets thrown in (1000 115gr XTPs) I hope they extend the deal, due to the backorder situation.
Old December 6, 2008, 10:48 PM   #5
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Can't beat the deal with the free bullets thrown in (1000 115gr XTPs) I hope they extend the deal, due to the backorder situation.
As far as their pistol bullets I really like the quality of them. I was reloading with Remington and Winchester bulk bullets. Now that I've reloaded with theirs, I must say I'm a bit spoiled.

Be sure to have paitience when redeeming your bullets. It took over 3 months to get mine...

Old December 6, 2008, 10:58 PM   #6
rn22723

check with John Walton at the Gunstop on Monday. There is one there, as of earlier today. www.gunstop.com
Old December 7, 2008, 05:50 AM   #7
webbee

It's my understanding that Hornady has redesigned the cartrage ejection to allow the use of other companys dies. These new presses won't be out until after the first of the year and that is why no one has any in stock. Worth the wait, I think. The older shell plates won't work on the new style either.
Old December 7, 2008, 10:57 AM   #8
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
The older shell plates won't work on the new style either.
They won't work in stock form. However, if you send in your original shellholders along with your press, they will modify your press and shellholders to the new style.