The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 10, 2013, 08:15 PM   #1
J2.

Tube feeder?

I was discussing them with a friend when he mentioned he was going to polish the inside of the tube on a new Rossi Lever he just purchased, along with that he said he would do the spring as well. We also talked about the spring tension on the loading door. Can/should this be lessened?

What are your thoughts?
Old February 10, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2
PawPaw

I suppose that if he wants to polish the inside of his mag tube, that would be okay. I don't know anything that prohibits it. Generally, if it's clean, it's good.

Yes, the spring tension on the loading gate can be reduced, but you've got to know what you're doing. That's a leaf spring and it's not like snipping off a bit of circular spring.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old February 13, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Ozzieman

Having a Rossi maries leg I have not had any problems with mine. It functions well and has never been an issue.
I totally agree with PawPaw, its ok but why?
As far as the loading door, mine doesn’t have an issue with spring tension. The issue with it is the sharp edges on the frame. After shooting 20 rounds or more I have to use another round to push it in all the way.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.