The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 24, 2013, 03:45 PM   #26
ZVP

Pick up a Taarus then pick up a S&W, compare the workmanship, weight and general attention to detail and style.
Is the $ savings worth it on the Tarus? Really???
Some of the SMaller S&W 2" are very reasonablly priced (even now)! A real lifetime investment that you can bet your life on.
ZVP
Old January 24, 2013, 04:10 PM   #27
Shotgun693

Unless you're rich you'll have a hard time ever doing a lot of shooting unless you learn to reload. In the long run the .38 will be cheaper to shoot than the .22 Mag. You can load the .38 hot enough to hunt game up to the size of a coyote or porcupine or for self defense, you can also load it light enough to hunt small game like rabbits. You'll find factory ammo covering the same range of use. A nice Smith M10 will, if not abused, have a service life longer that you do.
Old January 24, 2013, 11:29 PM   #28
ZVP

I too am a fan of the .22WMR butthe .38 Special is so much better that I personally bought a Model 36 Cheif's Special for my own use.
When confronting danger you need the largest bullet that you can afford to shoot well. If a .22 is it, then buy a good revolver and learn to use it well.
ZVP