The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 24, 2000, 06:42 PM   #1
Rosie

Think i posted this in the wrong place before. Would like to see exploded views or drawings of mini gun to see how they work. I have a rough idea but would like to see. Any ideas? Rosie
Old July 24, 2000, 08:41 PM   #2
Nukem

You might want to check in some of the issues of Small Arms Review and see if there's any info there.
You might want to check with Mike Dillon and see if he has anything to share. I hear he's made some mods to the delinker.
Old July 25, 2000, 08:40 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

I used a search engine and found several promising leads. This is one of them that looks pretty good. www-acala1.ria.army/lc/cs/csa/kpm27.htm A site under construction is [url]http://users.bigpond.net.au/minigun/specs.htm
SAR recently did have an article on Dillon's update kit for miniguns. Major modifications have been made to the internal components to enhance reliability and allow all types of 7.62 NATO ammunition including SLAP and blanks. The feeder-delinker has also undergone major revisions, basically a new design. This new feeder-delinker requires no need to dismount and completely disassemble the feeder-delinker every time a stoppage occurs. They designed a split hatch configuration that allows the operator to quickly clear stoppages without disassembly and also allows loading the gun without turning the barrels.
See the full article in the June 2000 issue of SAR starting on page 26.