The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 1, 2009, 10:12 AM   #26
vanilla_gorilla

I woke up this morning feelin' funny. I got out of bed and ****** on my knees and rubbed my forehead against the bedpost. That's when I knew I was jonesin' for hunting season again.
Old August 1, 2009, 12:14 PM   #27
MFour

I just got all my days off approved for the first two weeks of muzzleloader. I can't wait, I actually have access to some pretty promising hunting land this year. No more WMA for me!

b
Old August 2, 2009, 08:00 PM   #28
alloy

Looked off the porch the other day and there were four out there wandering around at about 150-175 yards(sorry for the real bad photos).
Gave a loud whistle to stop the big one for a sec so I could see what he looked like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0306.JPG (141.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0309.JPG (30.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0300.JPG (122.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by alloy; August 2, 2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added a pic
Old August 2, 2009, 08:08 PM   #29

Ah yes, soon it will the time we must all go forth and slay the brown demon. Had some veni burgers on the grill today...........de-freak'in-licious.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old August 2, 2009, 10:08 PM   #30
zahnzieh

You dont know what antsy is!!! Got back from our annual Canadian fishing trip - coldest July trip ever. Only time I can remember wearing long-johns in July! Putting my musky tackle away and I'm going stir -crazy waiting for deer season! Cabela's keeps hounding/tempting me with sales. Guess i should be moving tree-stands around or shooting my bow or stuff....Maybe I'll join a gym or look at the honey-doo list.....
Old August 2, 2009, 11:10 PM   #31
vetteracer92

Who isn't? Just can't get rid of a stupid quirk on holding the sights steady. I havn't even bought hamburger since last season.
Old August 3, 2009, 12:24 AM   #32
Hunley

I'm so antsy...

I tried convincing myself that buying a bow and archery supplies would be worth it to get the drop on the "Big One" a month or so before rifle season...

But I'll wait... My new Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 and its Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical 5-15x40 along with rings and base were my new "deer toy" for the year.

Can't wait to reach out and touch something besides hogs with it.

Brown will be down...

@alloy: Beautiful buck! Post the pics when you drop him!
Old August 3, 2009, 10:02 AM   #33
mcintosh02

I AM!!

This cool summer has had me hinking hunting and football since the beginning of july! My buddy has got 83 wonderful wooded acres full of deer and a few yotes. If we get rid of the dogs we'll see the birds come back.
Old August 4, 2009, 04:20 AM   #34
T.A.Sharps

I'm really Jones'n, I got screwed out of Deer season by work last year!!!!!!!!!