The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 2, 2013, 05:53 PM   #26
bazookajeff89

Just so everyone knows, I did get the AR-7, partially because I saw a few great video reviews, the actually had one in stock at my BX for 60 bucks less than advertised and partially because pilot said not to

100 rounds through it, both firing slowly and just 8 shots quick not one jam or ftf. Was using Remington hollow points, which hollows are theoretically more prone to not load properly. While it did sound very weak, it was surprisingly accurate and incredibly fun.
Old February 2, 2013, 06:11 PM   #27
Microgunner

Congratulations.
I'm sure you'll enjoy many hours of fun with your new AR-7.
They're very cool looking little rifles for sure.
Old February 2, 2013, 06:36 PM   #28
brentfoto

I just bought and took to the range a Marlin 60 in blue. Very satisfied with its appearance, price and operation. I can fit 15 down the tube with the action closed.

Very nice stock:

http://www.gunsonline.com/media/cata...5/6/0/60_1.jpg
Old February 3, 2013, 06:26 AM   #29
mr.t7024

.22 auto

The Marlin 60 still is the best selling auto. It will out shoot the Ruger out of the box.For the Ruger to be more accurate swap out the Barrel an trigger that will cost ya another 150.00 bucks. BTW as far as your two cars,no comparison... lol!: Cliff
Old February 3, 2013, 06:41 AM   #30
Pfletch83

If no one has mentioned this yet the take down version of the 10/22 would seem to be a good little rifle,plus extra mags that hold more ammo can be found just about anywhere in the U.S.

Or you could go with the S&W 15-22 (it's quick to take down for storage,and is easy to put back together) though it isn't really billed as a take down rifle.

I'm not trying to knock the Marlin series of semi-auto rimfires (I have a model 60 that I've used to take down everything from rabbit to snapping turtles) but the only rifle in the Marlin lineup that would fit in the take down role is the little papoose ( Model 70P) and I don't know if those are still being made or not.
Old February 3, 2013, 06:57 AM   #31
Pilot

Quote:
partially because pilot said not to
Well that's just about the best reason to buy a gun that I've yet to hear on this site.

If you want to see it in action, rent the Bond movie "From Russia with Love". I believe he shoots down a helicopter with it, among other great shots.
Old February 4, 2013, 09:42 AM   #32
bazookajeff89

Quote:
rent the Bond movie "From Russia with Love". I believe he shoots down a helicopter with it, among other great shots.
Haha, while it sounds great and i wish i could give it a shot, i think i'd have better accuracy with a weapon like the Crown Vic. in Live Free or Die Hard. It's only a single shot but hey, if it hits it hits
Old February 4, 2013, 05:46 PM   #33
Fishbed77

Quote:
Chevy/Geo sold a lot of Prisms cause they were cheap, does that mean they were as just as good as other cars?
Prisms were just rebadged Toyota Corollas...
So yeah - they were good cars.
Old February 16, 2013, 09:48 PM   #34
A Rdnek

I too just bought a Henry AR-7. I took it to the range today and put nearly 100 rounds through it. Worked perfect. It seems to shoot more accurate then I can aim........
I bought it because of positive feed back here, On U Tube, and because it will fit in the saddle bags on my Harley.
Rn
Old February 17, 2013, 12:15 AM   #35
BIGR

Ruger 10/22 or the model 60.