The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 16, 2014, 10:01 AM   #1
papadork

S&W M&P .40 Shield trigger binds

Hello,
I just traded my Kahr CM40 in for the Shield .40. So far it's great. Only thing I noticed so far is that the trigger seems to bind if I don't position my finger very low. Will this ease up over time? The only thing I don't like about this gun is that stupid trigger safety. I supposed I will get used to it over time. Also, do I need to worry about a break-in period? The manual doesn't say anything about this but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.
Old March 16, 2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Uncle Malice

Are you saying that the drop safety is being engaged if you don't position your finger on the trigger properly? If so, that's normal.

There should be no break in period required. With that said, any gun can potentially have issues and I don't trust a gun for carry duty until I have 500 rounds or more through it with FMJ and at least 50 rounds of whatever carry ammo.

Tags
.40 s&w , shield