The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old September 11, 2008, 06:27 PM   #76
Tom2

I wonder why they just lock really offal threads and leave them for the world to see, if that is the sort of thing you want to suppress, instead of making them "disappear" or even just postings "disappear" as I suppose alot of the folks that sling dung around never come back to their posts (hit and run) and would not miss them anyway. Wonder if a spell checker program can be set up to function constantly, and also recognise a certain list of words. Then when one is posted it is automatically replaced with something pleasant, like "flower" or "fuzzy".
Old September 11, 2008, 07:01 PM   #77
Buzzcook

This thread is starting to devolve and should be locked imho.
Old September 11, 2008, 07:14 PM   #78
Leif

I'm confused about something (surprise, surprise): how many moderators are there for L&P? I see four listed, but it sounds like the decision was made between two moderators, and that those two do most of the moderation.

Furthermore, how does the TFL owner feel about these issues? I haven't seen him post in a very long time it seems.

I do think that the moderators do an excellent, though unappreciated job considering volume and the season at hand.

Less rhetoric would be nice, but where there are politics there is rhetoric. I do think that before discussions of disciplinary policies, moderation styles, software changes, and other user input can be had for the "new and improved" L&P, the underlying purpose of or motivation for that forum must be determined. That determination must necessarily come from the leadership. It sounds like a new mission statement is sought here, though I may well be mistaken.
Old September 11, 2008, 07:23 PM   #79
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to close this thread for a while. Most of what can be said, has been said and there are a few members starting to get personal with each other.

Sort of ironic that some can't even talk about Legal & Political without going off topic or bringing personal issues into the public. Same problem we had in the forum.

Please be patient and allow the staff to read all of these responses. We'll re-open the thread or start a new one when some decisions are made.

FWIW, the entire staff was informed of the closing of L&P in advance, including Rich Lucibella. We will all develop possible solutions together too. The staff is a team - very few audibles are called in this game.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Closed Thread