The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 28, 2000, 10:48 AM   #1
tonyz

Has anyone use This line of bullets?
They are referred to as the Black Panther
Bullet. I saw them at the gun show last weekend, but would like to hear from someone that has used them.

As Always Any Comments are Helpfull!

Tony Z

------------------
www.vote.com
Old March 28, 2000, 03:47 PM   #2
Monkeyleg

Tony, I used them in .45 ACP but didn't find them to be as good as Oregon Trail's bullets.
Of course, I didn't experiment a great deal with them, so take that as a caveat. It was nice, though, not to have to wipe the wax off the loaded rounds.

Dick
Old March 29, 2000, 07:58 PM   #3
Dr_Johnson

If you are talking about this percision bullets. http://www.precisionbullets.com/

I have used them and really liked the 45 230 grain RN. I found them to be about as clean as jacketed and much easier to work with then plan hard cast lead. They shot very nicely for me and I found them to be very accurate. They cost more the plan hardcast, but I feel that they are worth the price when compared to the cost of jacketed 45.

I have also tried the 9 mm and 38 versions and I liked them but I don't think they are worth the money. For only $5 more you can order jacketed from Midway.

The guy that own the place is great and I found him to be very helpful with all my questions.
Old March 30, 2000, 12:29 AM   #4
SVSUPER

Precision bullets are great. I have used them over the past year and won't use anything else. It's basically the velocity of a cast bullet but no leading and smoke. These are excellent bullets.
Old March 31, 2000, 12:00 PM   #5
EQP

Have to agree with the others. I have used them in the past in a 200grn SWC for my 45ACP. I have since switched to reloading jacketed ammo. I still have 3 boxes of 250 if your interested. I'll let em go REAL cheap!

Evan

[This message has been edited by EQP (edited March 31, 2000).]