The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 2, 1999, 04:10 PM   #1
Lonewolf69

Hi,

I would like to purchase either the "NEW" sure-fire M111 (225 lumens) tactical light or the Innovative Technologies M3 for my NEW Glock 17 with RAILs...

Anyone have any opinions on any of these two products is there anything better???

I like the idea of having a tactical light with my firearm but also LOVE the idea that the are QUICK release for both units... The sure-fire has a larger, brighter light, but will not be available until month end.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old August 2, 1999, 05:27 PM   #2
Mike Baugh

Lonewolf69 , I bought an M3 for my Glock 21 and love it . I could not see needing a brighter light , in my house the M3 is almost too bright . It snaps on/off easily , the controls are easy to use/reach and the sights line up perfectly in the center of the beam . I think it is a must have item . Good luck , Mike...
Old August 2, 1999, 11:32 PM   #3
JMB

I picked up an Insights M3 for my Glock 17, and I couldn't have asked for a better combonation. The M3 doesn't adversely affect the weight and functioning of the gun, which can't be said of the Surefire units. They had to re-design their new "Millenium" lights because they were causing malfunctions.

The switch on the M3 is very easy to operate and the light is VERY bright and smooth. Oh, and it's about $120 cheaper than the larger and bulkier Surefire unit.
Old August 3, 1999, 06:32 AM   #4
Kiwi

I have always been a loyal customer of Surefire products, but when I first saw the ITI's M3 flashlight for Glock pistols, it really impressed me, the switch is in a perfect position and the brightness of it is amazing, I would say it equals to Surefire's 9V P90 bulb if not brighter (not in terms of lumens but in terms of comparing them with my eyes by shining them on the ceiling)

Kiwi
Old August 3, 1999, 08:00 AM   #5
Bill Lance

Is this unit easily added and removed? i.e. can you put it on at night for home defense and slip it off in the morning to allow the guns use as a carry piece?
Thanks
Old August 3, 1999, 09:50 AM   #6
Kiwi

Bill:

Yup, you can add and remove the unit in few seconds. You may want to look at this holster made by Blade-Tech too, because sometimes you never know when you'll be coming back home.
http://www.botach.com/bladetach_tac_...dle_holste.htm

Kiwi
Old August 3, 1999, 01:14 PM   #7
Lonewolf69

So I guess from everyone consensus that Innovative Technologies is the clear cut winner and I should forget about the Surefire M111 (new redesign, available month end) model and go with the M3 right!!??!

Thanks,

-Alex
Old August 3, 1999, 07:14 PM   #8
Sidearmor

Another vote for the M3. Got it this past weekend and love it. Works great on our Glock 17 and 23.

BTW, Lonewolf, it is made by Insight Technologies.

------------------
www.sidearmor.net

Precision Crafted
Kydex Holsters

Old August 3, 1999, 07:29 PM   #9
Lonewolf69

Sidearmor,

Thanks for the correction! I guess the votes are in Insight here I come!!!! ;-))))

Thanks to all!!!

-Alex
Old August 6, 1999, 12:39 AM   #10
JOE BANGKOK

Can any on recommend website of Insight Tech. M3 tactical light or any site that have a picture of it? I really interesting in it but cannot find any information about M3. Waiting for your reply.Thanks. JOE BANGKOK
Old August 6, 1999, 01:17 AM   #11
mhannah1

Anybody wanting the M-3 Tatical Light by Insight Technologies should check out: www.lonewolfdist.com
They are in Idaho, and I ordered a spare bulb for my M-3 (just in case) and it arrived 2 days after I ordered it. NOW THAT IS FAST SERVICE!!! BTW, I love my M-3 on a Glock 21.
And yes, Lone Wolf Distributers have a picture of it on their web site.
Their price $149.99 includes shipping and handling. I bought mine locally for $134.95, but the dealer I bought it from couldnt get me a spare bulb, which is why I tried Lone Wolf. Ask for JR when you call. (unfortunately its not a toll free call)
Old August 9, 1999, 01:10 AM   #12
JOE BANGKOK

mhannah1, Thanks for the address, however, Is there make just one size fist all Glocks or I have to specify which model I gona use with? I have G17 and G19 and G21, one piece of it can fit all of mine? Thanks. JOE BANGKOK
Old August 9, 1999, 08:14 AM   #13
shamster

The same M3 may fit both the 17 and 19 (and 22, 23, 31, and 32), since they are all the same width. Don't know if the length will matter though. But the Glock 21 (and 20) won't be able to share the same light, since they are thicker than the others.
Old August 9, 1999, 10:54 PM   #14
JMB

Joe,

I too have a G17, G19, and G21 and the M3 fits on both my G17 and G21 (my G19 doesn't have rails). It's a slightly tighter fit on the G21 and I don't hear it "snap" lock in place, but it does, because I need to depress the takedown buttons on the M3 to remove it. If you look at the frames on the G17 and G21 side by side, you'll see why it works on both.