The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old September 25, 2005, 11:05 PM   #51
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Regarding PETA being up in arms over lobsters, that one popped my irony meter.

You see, it hasn't been that long since PETA served lobster at a large regional dinner (maybe national?)

One of my mother's idiot cousins was a Kool-Aid drinking PETA member back in the day, which always struck my mother as odd since the woman was married to a tournament bass fisherman. He was in no danger of getting rich at it, mind you, but he still made money dragging poor, defenseless fish out of the water.

Old September 26, 2005, 02:15 AM   #52
jsp98m3

What if you were walking by a beautiful lake and saw a delicious steak dinner laid out on a picnic table? You glance around nervously but since you are ravenous suddenly, you sit and quickly cut a succulent bite and chew it voraciously. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your upper lip and you are yanked from the picnic table and dragged quickly under water by an invisible force pulling at your distended lip.

Soon the ripples in the water calm and you are never seen again.

Jim
Old September 26, 2005, 06:47 PM   #53
357MagFan

Although you make good points that any clear thinking person would agree with I really dont think peta people come to this website
Old September 26, 2005, 07:10 PM   #54
Wynterbourne

Quote:
What if you were walking by a beautiful lake and saw a delicious steak dinner laid out on a picnic table? You glance around nervously but since you are ravenous suddenly, you sit and quickly cut a succulent bite and chew it voraciously. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your upper lip and you are yanked from the picnic table and dragged quickly under water by an invisible force pulling at your distended lip.
You see, there's a problem with that. Fish don't have arms, and I have a gun. After 17 rounds of 9mm go flying, I'm pretty sure I can convince a fish to let go.

"You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or use any other word you think will work, but I’ve found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much the universal language." - Clint Smith

9mm. Because no matter how you try to rationalize it, .45 ACP is still for people trying to compensate for -something-.
Old September 26, 2005, 09:05 PM   #55
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Only way that sucker's gonna get me is if he uses a Tru-Turn hook Texas rigged in that steak with a free-sliding 1/2 ounce bullet weight. Oh yeah, and A-1 sauce as an attractant.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old September 26, 2005, 10:49 PM   #56
jsp98m3

Ok, ok, so say you are walking next to the beautiful lake and there's the steak and there's a beautiful mermaid? Turf or Surf?
Old September 27, 2005, 12:49 AM   #57
Pointer

jsp98m3

:barf:
Old September 27, 2005, 10:50 AM   #58
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

jsp, given the evil nature of my dirty old mind, you brought up the joke about the archaeolist's dog, the architect's dog, the musician's dog and a bunch of bones. But I an't gonna tell it in a family publication.

And this thread has pretty much run its course.

, Art
Closed Thread