The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 12, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1
jennyfell55

My first K-31! Pictures!

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this My first K31 finally arrived on Tuesday... I think I'm in love! All matching, (even the stock has the matching serial # marked inside) and according to serial number it was made in 1944. Hammerli barrel, Sig receiver and stock. Stock manufactured in November 1943 from the markings under the butt plate. Sadly no troop tag I can see the outline of where it used to be under there, but it's missing Can't wait to pick up some ammo for it!

Last edited by jennyfell55; September 12, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old September 12, 2013, 09:22 PM   #2
kilimanjaro

Nice looking Swiss!

You can get Hornady ammo at Cabela's. SGAmmo has good surplus at good prices.
Old September 13, 2013, 04:14 AM   #3
Ignition Override

Having ridden a train in Switzerland, there is no doubt that you have one of the best-looking Swiss redheads/blonds. Well done!
Very attractive wood, and the metal seems really nice.
Old September 13, 2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Melkiper

That is an absolute beauty! Maybe a K-31 will fill the viod while i wait for my CMP order to go through....Damn you now I have to fight off buying one lol

Where did you get it LGS? or online?
Old September 13, 2013, 11:37 AM   #5
jennyfell55

Thanks! The wood is what really caught my eye, and with a little bit of water and a rag a lot of grime came off and the grain really pops!

Quote:
That is an absolute beauty! Maybe a K-31 will fill the viod while i wait for my CMP order to go through....Damn you now I have to fight off buying one lol

Where did you get it LGS? or online?
They're REALLY nice.... amazing triggers too! I got mine online from Simpson LTD
Old September 13, 2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Melkiper

Yea from what I hear the K-31's have the best trigger of all the milsurp rifles. Simpsons LTD is hard to look at haha. On my lunch break the other day I almost ordered a 1940 PP for $695.
Old September 13, 2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Sarge

Beautiful old milsurp! Congratulations.
Old September 14, 2013, 09:12 PM   #8
benogil

You may have done better than you know. It looks from your picture that your rifle shows a refurb mark on the tang. If so, the armory may have replaced the barrel ( replaced barrels were always Hammerli ). So, you may have a '44 rifle with a new barrel. If that is the case, you have done very well, indeed.
Old September 14, 2013, 11:59 PM   #9
jennyfell55

Quote:
You may have done better than you know. It looks from your picture that your rifle shows a refurb mark on the tang. If so, the armory may have replaced the barrel ( replaced barrels were always Hammerli ). So, you may have a '44 rifle with a new barrel. If that is the case, you have done very well, indeed.
There is indeed a "56" stamped on the tang! There's also a "P" which from what I've been told means that the soldier choose to keep the rifle upon retirement. According to Simpson's LTD the muzzle measured 7.54, which I think is pretty good? The 3 numbers on the barrel match the last 3 of the serial number of the rifle... is there any way to tell if it was rebarreled?
Old September 15, 2013, 07:31 PM   #10
FairWarning

Great score! You're going to love the trigger.
Old September 17, 2013, 07:15 PM   #11
chiefr

Nice score!!
Gotta love the Swiss, they love their beer as evidenced by a keg for a bolt and a tap for a decock and safety.
Having made several trips to Switzerland, I can attest.