The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 24, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1
BlackJackID

Help with a .308 load please

Hi guys....I have a savage 10fp, and am trying to find load data for the powder and bullets I have..

I have Hodgedon Benchmark
and Hornady 165gr SST

Anyone have any data for this combo..By looking at other things I think a starting load of 40gr should be OK...But I want to be sure. I have only loaded for my .223s before so I am being careful.

Thanks in advance for the help
Old January 24, 2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Hog Buster

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp
Old January 24, 2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Catfish

About all of the powder manufactures have web pages where you can look up data or down load their whole manual. Any load you get off the web should be checked at one of these sights, or a good manual, befor you load it.
Old January 25, 2012, 08:30 AM   #4
larzb93

it may be a good idea to invest in a good reloading manual. i have a speer reloading manual and a lyman reloading manual. if one manual doesn't have something i am look for... odds are the other one does. i would highly recommend the lyman reloading manual. i believe mine is the 49th addition.
Old January 25, 2012, 08:41 AM   #5
aarhunt

starting load for this round would be 38.5 of hogdon benchmark and the max load im showing is 42.5 grains of benchmark.O.A.L is 2.750
Old January 26, 2012, 11:30 AM   #6
BlackJackID

Thanks guys, I have a few reloading manuals and have been to the websites...Was hoping to find someone here who reloads with those componants that could give me a recipe. I couldnt find anything specifically for SST and Benchmark.