The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 26, 2010, 07:51 PM   #1
vsorrentino

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Here is a video I made with some practice shooting drills. Please subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Jl28KtEQc
Ruger LCP, Walther PPS, Browning BuckMark .22 9.5" Bull Barrel w/ Scope, S&W637/CT, Charter Arms Undercover Snubby. Vinnie <>< John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TV-IsoL0Ms Ruger LCP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRFs...&feature=email Walther PPS
Old August 26, 2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Sgt.Saputo

Pretty cool, I subbed

"Stock padding? Mosin not cater to girly men. Mosin tough like hammer, take abuse, keep fighting. Defend homeland!!!" -spetznaz1337
Old August 26, 2010, 09:14 PM   #3
MadHatter1

With all due respect, you need some lessons in safe gun handleing. 2 of the 4 basic rules of firearms- never poing a gun at something you're not willing to destroy and finger off teh trigger until ready to fire.
In the link you posted, you point a loaded weapon at your own head! What the.....
I took a look at the LCP video too, you have your finger on the trigger as you're loading the magazine.
If you're going to try to 'teach' by posting vidios on the 'net, at least try to master basic firearms safety first.
Old August 27, 2010, 12:38 AM   #4
MonsterB

Quote:
With all due respect, you need some lessons in safe gun handleing. 2 of the 4 basic rules of firearms- never poing a gun at something you're not willing to destroy and finger off teh trigger until ready to fire.
In the link you posted, you point a loaded weapon at your own head! What the.....
I took a look at the LCP video too, you have your finger on the trigger as you're loading the magazine.
If you're going to try to 'teach' by posting vidios on the 'net, at least try to master basic firearms safety first.
Agreed
Old August 27, 2010, 05:58 AM   #5
TDR911

Saw the video on a different forum as well. The first thing noticed was the adjusting the ear muffs and the gun pointed backwards at the 22 second mark, straight at the camera. Looking at the range setup that was back towards the firing line. Also looked like the finger was in the trigger gaurd and then he resumed firing meaning that the gun was indead loaded.
Practice , Practice, Practice is my moto as well but with all the safety rules in full use.

www.TDR911.com
Old August 27, 2010, 06:58 AM   #6
Don P

Quote:
If you're going to try to 'teach' by posting vidios on the 'net, at least try to master basic firearms safety first
Bold and fresh!
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old August 27, 2010, 10:46 AM   #7
pax

Practice doesn't make perfect. It simply makes permanent.

pax
Old August 27, 2010, 10:51 AM   #8
demigod

LOL!!!

Yeah... I'm going to subscribe to catch the video of the shooting accident that is bound to happen!!!
Old August 27, 2010, 10:53 AM   #9
jmortimer

Walking in slow motion, changing out mags in slower motion, and a brutal hit/miss count. No bueno.
Old August 27, 2010, 11:02 AM   #10
sserdlihc

To the OP:
I think if you watch your own video, you will find different ways to improve your safety and safety of others.
Old August 27, 2010, 11:05 AM   #11
pax

Guys, I think the point has been made so I'm going to go ahead and close this one. No need to pile on - and I sure don't want anyone getting in trouble for personal attacks on other members (though everyone's been good so far, it's a touchy subject so...)

As always, I'm available via PM if you want to object & try to change my mind.

pax
Closed Thread

Tags
practice , practice.