The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 18, 2010, 02:26 PM   #1
andrewstorm

gun broker

I won an item on gun broker Friday,the seller didn't contact me or answer phone,i reached him buy hiding my id he said he had allot of pistols lost in mail the name on the account said marlin Scott,he said to pay to the order of Jim Scott,today,all his items have been removed,should I send the money?Dont want to mess up my gun broker account, any advice is appreciated
Old July 18, 2010, 02:33 PM   #2
dreamweaver

do NOT send any money. notify GB of what's transpired. don't worry about your account. sounds like a sham.
Old July 18, 2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Thiokol

You might want to post his gunbroker ID so that nobody here gets taken.
Old July 18, 2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Xfire68

I would not send any money either! That sounds bad around! Use only reputable dealers or risk your money!
Old July 18, 2010, 10:57 PM   #5
andrewstorm

gun shy

this evening the seller is posting new items on g b ,and it seems some of his auctions never got a bid,and the auction has ended,buisness is slow for every one,summertime blues,the seller claims hes quelled the bad feedback,by a refund,and the buyer failed to remove the neg feedback as promised,hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm should I trust the man he may be a good guy on some hard luck times,199.99 is cheap for a krist konverter with only 20 rounds thru it
Old July 18, 2010, 11:10 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Wait, you're STILL considering buying from him?
I don't think there's any point in telling you you're about to be out $200 is there?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old July 18, 2010, 11:40 PM   #7
Onward Allusion

Not answering phone or email is not a good way to begin a transaction. What's this guy's feedback? How many transactions has he processed? Does he accept CC?

Since it's a $200 item, you can get 50% of your money back via Gunbroker. GB guarantees up to $500 with a $100 deductible. So, if the merchant runs off with your money, you do have some recourse. The other thing is that you can pay with USPS Money Order. Most people don't want the Feds on them for mail fraud, but again - it's all a pain in the rear.

BTW, what's this guy's GB ID?

Quote:
andrewstorm
gun broker
I won an item on gun broker Friday,the seller didn't contact me or answer phone,i reached him buy hiding my id he said he had allot of pistols lost in mail the name on the account said marlin Scott,he said to pay to the order of Jim Scott,today,all his items have been removed,should I send the money?Dont want to mess up my gun broker account, any advice is appreciated
Old July 19, 2010, 08:40 PM   #8
andrewstorm

feds on his back,

yes I did pay with a uspmo mail fraud is a concern but overall his feed back is 98%IF HES A CROOK LET THE MANHUNT BEGIN ! OR ITS AN HONEST MISTAKE,AND EVERY THING WILL WORK OUT AS USUAL
Old July 19, 2010, 08:59 PM   #9
Thiokol

The seller is AJC527-74. He has 327 positive, 1 neutral, and 1 negative. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him.
Old July 19, 2010, 10:47 PM   #10
Onward Allusion

I would have to agree. The merchant is an old-timer as far as dealing on GB with near perfect feedback. Anytime dealing with GB merchants via USPS MO, I always give the entire transaction 2 weeks on the average from beginning to end.

Quote:
Thiokol
The seller is AJC527-74. He has 327 positive, 1 neutral, and 1 negative. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him.
Old July 20, 2010, 12:45 AM   #11
andrewstorm

paranoid buyer

I called the guy today cause mistakes happen,and realized that I lost my drivers licence,at the p0st office or possibly mailed it in with the money order,cause I had to send a photo copy to prove age requirements,the place was packed and I was in a hurry,now wheres my head,