The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 25, 1999, 10:20 PM   #1
Michael Carlin

Today's mail brought a Milt Sparks SSII for my first .40 S&W (a Beretta 96 written up elsewhere). I am wearing it as I write this. It appears to be a very well made holster. It certainly is fast for an IWB!

It was accompanied by a single mag pouch, also IWB configuration. This has a tab of leather that really bites me. Where do you IWB users ordinarily carry your IWB magazine pouches?

The pouch is very tight, but I suspect that will loosen up with a few hundred uses!

For those of you who like leather, the Milt Sparks products might be an option. I will report how this combination stands up over the next few months.

[This message has been edited by Michael Carlin (edited February 25, 1999).]
Old February 25, 1999, 11:10 PM   #2
Grayfox

I have two of the original summer specials made to fit a S&W 3914 and Colt Detective Special. Both holsters are just great and are the ones I use most with these guns.
I have a double IWB mag pouch for the Smith. Like Michaels, it tends to bite a little. Wear it between the belt and pants, it still hides well and is much more comfortable.
I've also used Sparks 55BN avenger style holster with great satisfaction. I reccomend Milt Sparks holsters.
Old February 26, 1999, 06:11 AM   #3
Ossi

I have a VM2 from Milt Sparks for my HK USP Compact9. I think that is the best IWB holster available. VM2 is more expensive than the Summer Special, but worth every cent. Ossi
Old February 26, 1999, 06:22 PM   #4
ATM

I wear my IWB mag pouches on the weak side, behind the hip and a little further back then the holster. The mag pouch is more over the back pocket then to the side. I have no trouble with the mag pouch biting me, it is very comfortable. Never have worn MS leather, but hear only good things about it. Of course I wear the best rig going, ,the ARG by Rosen.

------------------
Freedom is not Free
Old February 27, 1999, 04:21 PM   #5
chris in mo

ATM...A poster on another board was a big ARG fan till he ordered a Sparks Versa Max 2, now he says he is replacing the several ARGs he has with VM2s. Chris in MO