The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 7, 2008, 07:28 PM   #1
SigfanTN

Crossbreed Supertuck vs Milt Sparks VM2

I thought about starting a poll but I guess the VM2 would likely be the winner. I would like to hear from owners of either, or preferably both holsters.

I have a Supertuck for my Sig 239. I will be picking up my new (to me) HK P7 soon, and will need to be getting a holster for it.

I am most interested in opinions of which is most comfortable and which is more concealable. What specifically about the VM2 makes it a "gold standard" of sorts? What about the Supertuck makes it better (besides the tucked in option, of course)?

The last question I have: does anyone have any VM2 clones (read: cheaper) that they consider comparable?

Last edited by SigfanTN; October 7, 2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old October 8, 2008, 03:18 PM   #2
xrmattaz

I've used the Crossbreed Supertuck (tucked and untucked) for about a year now, with Glocks of various barrel length. One of the most comfortable IWB holsters I've ever used in 20+ years. Even with a G34 (longslide), I almost don't know that the pistol is there, as I often have to feel to make sure (seriously!).

That said, I'm also a huge fan of the Sparks VM2, and will (within the next month) be receiving two more, one for the Commander, and the other for my snubby 686. I've used VM2's with Glocks, Colts, etc for about a decade, now.

It's hard to go wrong with either, IMO....comes down to the preference leather vs. kydex.
Old October 8, 2008, 09:17 PM   #3
CortJestir

I also have recently acquired a Supertuck for my P239. So far it's been great and gets more comfy with daily use and break-in. Conceals well, tucked and untucked, and is quick to draw and reholster one-handed.

I also have a VM2 on the way for my DW so I can't attest to it yet.

I have an inkling of why you are asking the question though, and while I don't have a specific answer for you, I can say that if the Supertuck works for you and works well, there's no reason to get a VM2, unless you want to tame your curiosity and see what all the hubbub is all about.

I'll admit that had I bought a Supertuck originally for my DW, I probably would not have bought a VM2 for it and most likely would have ordered another Supertuck. But since the VM2 is on it's way, I decided to keep my order and wait it out. Turns out I ordered the VM2 before discovering the Supertuck. Do I regret it? No, I'd like to see why everyone loves the VM2 for myself.

Other advantages of the Supertuck: I got it one week after I ordered it and it costs less.

Oh, FWIW, the VM2 is also tuckable with the optional kydex clips...

Tags
holsters