The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 18, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Shep

North Dakota's Senators vote against gun control

Including Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D) North Dakota.

Here's what Sen. Hoeven (R) ND, replied to my letter expressing concern:

"Dear Donald:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the current debate on gun violence in America. I appreciate having the benefit of your views and welcome the opportunity to respond.

First and foremost, please be assured that as a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I will protect and preserve the right of law-abiding Americans to bear arms. In fact, a recent letter from the National Rifle Association to its North Dakota members thanked me for my staunch support of Second Amendment rights including my firm opposition to either the Reid bill or the Manchin-Toomey bill.

I am confident that by working together, we can find solutions to reduce violence and make our nation safer for all, without infringing on the Second Amendment or other rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Again thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

John Hoeven
United States Senator"
Old April 18, 2013, 06:48 PM   #2
tynman

It is great and sounds good. Lets hope he isn't just blowing smoke up your and our rear. Like most other politicians. Cause they all play a good game with words and actions.