The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

View Poll Results: Would you allow someone to use an AR Platform to hunt in your camp?
Against the idea 7 4.17%
Open minded but no 8 4.76%
A little hesitate but go ahead 6 3.57%
Go ahead 147 87.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 20, 2008, 09:15 PM   #101
Yithian

Just because you can't, or wont, play my game does not make me a bad person.
To assume, such as you seem to do, shows a lack of forethought/intelligence.

Old December 20, 2008, 10:37 PM   #102
armedtotheteeth

I remember that big ole stinky Boar..Couldnt even get him in my truck, had to drag his big ole but down the road. And all of his little ones sure where tasty!
Every time i remember that 30 seconds of shooting, I hear "Dueling Banjos" in my head. AR AR AR AR...AK AK AK AK,ARAKARAKARAKAR . Now that was fun.
Uhm as far as hitting a dime at 200 yards with my Ar. Probably cant, havent tried, but I can probably keep them in a 3/4 circle. At 100 yards you can cover a slow 5 round group with a dime. Oh, I dont have a very accurate one, doesnt have the Floated upper or anything. Just the Military Chrome barrel, withthe crappy plastic hanguard,, ( or "shroud" as Feinstein calls it.) Now, some of them new varminters or Predators, they are some accurate critters.

Last edited by armedtotheteeth; December 20, 2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old December 21, 2008, 05:13 PM   #103
jamiejaf

You guys down there are lucky to be able to hunt with AR's. Mind you a 5.56 rd is too light in the energy department to drop some of the game around here... and not legal as well. An AR10 (.308) would be a better choice. We can only take them to ranges with permits. I hunt with my M1A all the time.(its nice to have a semi with a mag full in tight bush with big bears around) We have a lot of AR variants that we can hunt with, like an Robinson XCR, which makes our laws seem retarded... But what guns laws are not?
Old December 21, 2008, 07:22 PM   #104
armedtotheteeth

jaimejaf, Granted the 223 is a light round, but , with the proper bullets, and shot placement, that 223 will take down rather large hogs. I myself have killed one or 2 hogs exceeding 400 pounds. The hog being drug by the pickup in the pic above, was stopped by Yithians 308, but , I put it down permanently with a 223 Vmax to the forehead from about 50 yards. That was a fun day, very very fun.
I cant see how the people in your government live with themselves for taking your rights away. It slike you where their kids or something, Unacceptable
Old December 24, 2008, 07:57 PM   #105
Deet

It's legal, It's a rifle, what's the problem. I'd be happy to hunt with all you AR guys. If you can loan me an extra rifle I'd be happy to give it a try. I only own a Mosin-Nagant 91/30.
Old December 24, 2008, 10:40 PM   #106
armedtotheteeth

Anytime you are headed this way, well, at least not during deer season, Id take you out on a hunt, no problem. AS FOR BORROWING A AR...THATS A DIFFERENT STORY, iM SURE I can find a couple laying around, perhaps,a M1 garand, M1 carbine, Ak, something a little bit more repeatable.
Old December 25, 2008, 06:03 AM   #107
Deet

Thanks for the invite, if you every find yourself in Indiana in December I'll be happy to loan you a ML and we can harvest a few deer.