The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 19, 2006, 08:25 AM   #1
Bullz'I

Glock 19 vs CZ 75 Compact

Just wondering if there is anyone owns both or has shot both of these?

Which one is more accurate and can their accuracy be compared to the Glock 17 or the CZ 75?
Old March 19, 2006, 10:54 AM   #2
Pilot

I own a CZ-75D PCR. The compact, alloy frame version of the CZ-75. Its one of my favorite guns, even over my Sig P228. I have shot a friends G19 on several occassions. Its pretty darn close to the CZ in accuracy, but I can shoot the CZ better. YMMV. Both are great carry and range guns. Out of all the Glocks, I like the G19 the best. It comes down to which one feels and shoots better for you. The CZ is more user friendly for me and easier to shoot accurately, but that is just me.
Old March 19, 2006, 12:44 PM   #3
281 Quad Cam

Now THIS is my kind of thread!
The 75 Compact is in another world as far as accuracy - or atleast how well I shoot it. I had shot the 19 for nearly two years and shot the CZ better the first day I fired it. The CZ is alot more fun, possibly more accurate, fits alot better, and has proven as reliable as the Glock so far.

However I carry the Glock. It is lighter, simpler, accurate enough, and I have faith in its function.

Old March 19, 2006, 03:28 PM   #4
Crow Beads

I have both but the CZ is a PCR. For my money they are dead even for very different reasons. I am equally accurate with both. The CZ really outshines only in the looks department. I carry the CZ because it is DA with a stiff first trigger pull. The G19 is within reach in bed because it carries one more round. The Glock has slightly less recoil. Both are completely reliable.
Old March 19, 2006, 04:17 PM   #5
281 Quad Cam

In my experience...
The CZ Compact with its steel frame has considerably less muzzle flip than the polymer Glock.
Old March 19, 2006, 06:04 PM   #6
Bullz'I

Thanks for the update. The main reason that I am concerned about accuracy is because of the shorter barrel. Personally I can say that my XD with a 5" barrel outshoots my 3 1/2" Kahr anyday of the week. Just not sure if the shorter 3.9" barrel on the CZ or the 4" barrel on the G19 makes a difference in accuracy or realistically will I even notice it?
Old March 19, 2006, 06:13 PM   #7
mitchcoyote

The CZ is more accurate and is not butt ugly.....
Old March 19, 2006, 06:20 PM   #8
Pilot

Quote:
The CZ is more accurate and is not butt ugly.....
Well that's what I wanted to say but was trying to be diplomatic.