The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 5, 2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Eghad

EK Knives

I have three knives that are in Black EK Boxes and all are marked with the address label in Richmond, VA. One is a one and a half edged blade with walnut grips similar to the Model 4 today. The other is labled as model: Pig Sticker. The other is a Desert Tan Boot knife made by EK. I think I purchased these in 91 or 92. Just wondered if there was a site wher I could get more info.

NRA Life Member
Old November 5, 2006, 05:04 PM   #2
steveno

I have a couple of the Ek knives from that same period. one is cord wrapped and had one edge sharp half the length. the other knife has the wood grips with lead rivets and both edges completely sharp. I don't think that company exists anymore or if they are being made anywhere else for that matter. I don't know if they have any collectors value or not. at least not in the sense of an original Ek.
Old November 5, 2006, 06:20 PM   #3
AK103K

First link to pop up in a Google search

http://ekknife.com/index.html

EBay is a good place to see whats available and can give you a good idea of what things are going for. I have a number of the original Blackjack knives, and for some reason, I think EK was also somehow involved with them, now that I think about it. Blackjack has recently reappeared, coming out of WV now. The originals are bringing quite a good price these days.
Old November 6, 2006, 12:00 AM   #4
hso

John Ek made the original knives from WWII well into the 1980s. After his death the VA Eks come into existance for a few years in the early 90's. The Blackjack knives follow for several years until they fold up in bankrupcy. The current Ek knife company is an independent operation.
Old November 6, 2006, 12:01 AM   #5
guntotin_fool

Both ek and black jack were made by Mike Stewart, now of Bark River Knife and tool. He still stands behind knives made by him under those names, (note, he was the knife maker, not the principal in the two other companies.)
Old November 17, 2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Eghad

I found out from EK Knives via e-mail that these knives were made by the EK company when they were located on Lombardy street in VA. They are not Blackjack knives. Is there a knife book like the Blue Book for firearms?

NRA Life Member