The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old January 19, 2017, 01:06 AM   #1
TeeItUpCMB04

Ruger LCP II Slide Lock Issue

Hello all,

Recently purchased the Ruger LCPII and I think it is definitely an improvement over the original LCP, but I am having issues with one of the "upgrades."

The slide is only locking back after the last round about 1/3 of the time. I'm using the correct mags (I know the original LCP mags won't activate the slide stop) and making sure that my hands aren't engaging the slide lock during firing, but it still doesn't want to stay locked after the last round.

To me it isn't the end of the world and wouldn't stop me from carrying the pistol. It runs like a top and I've had no other malfunctions. I contacted Ruger Customer Service and they immediately offered to ship me a replacement mag for free, kudos to them. I guess I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this or any other hiccups in the new LCP design.

Cheers