The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 10, 2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Redstick

Beta C Mag's

Anyone else use the Beta C Mag's? I'm contemplating purchasing, but the price of them seems 'SPENSIVE for genuine plastic! Are they reliable? Durable? For how many rounds?
Old January 10, 2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

I have some for my AR. I like them just fine. They would be expensive for plastic or for metal, but if metal, likely much heavier.

They hold their tension just fine. I found that best use for them is in the form of bipod or rested shooting where you don't wan't to have to reload 20 rounders time after time and a 30 rounder is too long. For example, we sometimes do dueling trees at 100 and 200 yards and the Beta C is great for that.

They are heavy for carry but would not be bad out of a vehicle.

For how many rounds are they reliable? Gee, I don't know. 21 mags is 2100 rounds and that would be 70 with a 30 rounder or 100.5 with a 20 rounder.

I probably have 3000 rounds through one of mine. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it is a good bit of shooting.
Old January 29, 2008, 10:07 PM   #3
oldcspsarge

They run flawlessly WHEN kept clean and lubed with factory graphite.

In training, the SEALS don't reload them if they hit the dirt until they pull the backs off and blow them out with compressed air. A tiny bit of sand or dirt inside them will shut them down until cleaned.

Great design and very reliable.......and will allow you to run a good barrel with continuous full auto fire and erode the chamber throat.

I did one on purpose for a test a few years ago...ruined the barrel...but was very entertaining !