The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 21, 2015, 01:44 AM   #26
Virginian

Gads I feel really dumb. I always thought those old bolt actions were awful for wingshooting. I never realized - never dreamed - they were for ground shooting them.
Old February 21, 2015, 07:39 AM   #27
HiBC

Just realize some guys will set out the few decoys they can carry out in a stubble field,then the lay down camo'd among them.

Ground shoot those "geese",you might kill somebody.

I get subsistence hunting.If you are feeding your family with no better options,there is a different set of rules.At the right time and place,who can judge the old First Nation people for stampeding bison over a cliff?

But,IMO,you shoot turkeys on the ground because that is where turkey hunting is done.

If I can't take a goose on the wing,I'd rather go home skunked.I guess you have to experience the whole thing of goose hunting to get it.Ground shooting them is like cheating at golf.Legal or not,if that's the way you do things..it tells me who you are.