The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 7, 2004, 08:43 PM   #1
rugerdude

maverick forend question

Hi everybody. This is my first post on this site and i have a question about the maverick 88. Most people say that it is an OK shotgun however due to my lack of cash and the fact that i wont use it all that much i've decided to pick one up. i was wondering if the maverick 88 with dual action bars will accomadate the mossberg 500 forends? i have seen mavericks with 2 types of forends, both look identical to ones i've seen on the mossies (500/590) and the whole forend assembly looks the same (at least on the outside). Any comments would bee very much appreciated and possibly save me some cash.
Old July 8, 2004, 05:08 PM   #2
paul salchow

hi,the mavrick is the cost efective version of the 500 typs.as long as you are changing from duel arm to duel arm the forearm will fit.the first mos 500 were single arm,the mav. and mos. are from the same parts bins,like the express and wingmaster for remington.
Old July 8, 2004, 05:22 PM   #3
rugerdude

just in time!

thanks very much paul. one of the main reasons i want a 12 guage is so i can "pimp it out" (i did this to my 10/22 and it couldnt be cooler) you really couldn't have responded at a better time, i was just about to go to the store to pick up a used mossy that is more expensive and has some sort of an end barrel choke that prevents you from using steel shot. but i thought i might as well check my post one last time. so i guess i'll go with the maverick. thanks again!