The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 23, 2010, 06:41 AM   #1
mikejonestkd

Remington Versa Max Recall

"Safety Warning And Recall Notice

Product Recall Notice
Warning

DO NOT USE YOUR REMINGTON VERSA MAX SHOTGUN

Remington has found that a limited number of its Versa Max shotguns may have hammers out of specification. This condition may result in inconsistent firearm performance. Inconsistent firearm performance may result in property damage, serious personal injury or death.

If you have a Remington Versa Max shotgun immediately discontinue use of the shotgun and contact Remington at 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #4. Remington will arrange for the return shipment of your Versa Max shotgun and upon receipt will immediately inspect and retrofit your Versa Max shotgun and return it to you at no cost to you. All Versa Max shotguns that have the hammer enhancement will contain a ā€œVā€ stamped that can be seen by looking in the ejection port or through the carrier.

No other firearms are affected.

SAFETY IS FIRST

Remington wants to ensure that you enjoy years of safe and dependable service from your Remington Versa Max shotgun. For any consumer questions or instructions on how to return of your Remington Versa Max shotgun please contact the Remington Consumer Service Department at 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #4.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...-VersaMax.aspx

Last edited by mikejonestkd; November 23, 2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old November 23, 2010, 01:59 PM   #2
zippy13

This was mentioned in another thread on Nov 15, here's what I said then:

It's not the first time a new gun has been called back. Look what happened when S&W took over domestic production of the time tested Walther PPK/s -- they messed it up and had to do a recall. What about Ruger's new pocket pistol, the LCP -- it got recalled, too. Recall, or not... I'll stick with what I said in early September,
I'm a Remington owner; but, I don't think I want to be the first one on my block to have one of these new Remingtons, do you?