The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 20, 2015, 07:07 PM   #1
MainStream

Ultimate Handgun Spreadsheet

Hello, fellow TFL members. In my free time I decided to create a large spreadsheet of handguns. Please keep in mind that this spreadsheet is still growing, so if there is a gun you'd like added I'd greatly appreciate it if you could fill out the form below and post it here. For instance, The spreadsheet includes the gun model, brand, capacity, caliber, barrel length, length, width, height, frame material, slide material, and MSRP. Before suggesting a new gun please take a look at the spreadsheet to ensure you aren't suggesting one that has already been added. Any help is appreciated and I hope this can help someone. If you have any suggestions on how I could make this better please let me know!

In order for a gun to be added to the spreadsheet it must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be made by a reputable manufacturer or have a proven track record (Glock, P226, etc.)
2. Must be a handgun
3. Must be the original model (For instance the G17 instead of the G17L)

Gun Recommendation Form:
1. Gun Brand:
2. Gun Model:
3. Gun Caliber (Most Popular Preferred):

Spreadsheet Link

https://goo.gl/PaOmh2

Spreadsheet Password
TFL

Last edited by MainStream; June 20, 2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old June 20, 2015, 10:01 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

How do I get rid of the stupid pop-up that wants me to create an account before I can see what's behind it?
Old June 21, 2015, 10:13 AM   #3
22-rimfire

I have a spread sheet containing what I own and have owned in the past. It supports both my interest and is an easy way for me to remember all that I have or had. If I am looking at a broad range of firearms for information, I buy a book. I have 50 years worth of Gun Digests.

Last edited by 22-rimfire; June 21, 2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old June 21, 2015, 11:39 AM   #4
lee n. field

Quote:
your browser is not fully supported
Oh, well.

Quote:
1. Must be made by a reputable manufacturer or have a proven track record (Glock, P226, etc.)
So, what's the criteria for counting as reputable? Is Hi-Point reputable? Is HS Produkt (the actual manufacturer of the Springfield XD line)?
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old June 21, 2015, 11:43 AM   #5
22-rimfire

Been getting that browser message a lot lately and can not make any sense out of it at all as I am up to date on everything.
Old June 21, 2015, 02:43 PM   #6
dogtown tom

Quote:
MainStream Hello, fellow TFL members. In my free time I decided to create a large spreadsheet of handguns. Please keep in mind that this spreadsheet is still growing, so if there is a gun you'd like added I'd greatly appreciate it if you could fill out the form below and post it here. For instance, The spreadsheet includes the gun model, brand, capacity, caliber, barrel length, length, width, height, frame material, slide material, and MSRP. Before suggesting a new gun please take a look at the spreadsheet to ensure you aren't suggesting one that has already been added. Any help is appreciated and I hope this can help someone. If you have any suggestions on how I could make this better please let me know!
What is the point?

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old June 22, 2015, 12:20 PM   #7
Mal H
Staff

There's no reason to have two threads on this same project.

Closed.

The discussion continues here: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563897
Closed Thread