The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 29, 1999, 06:30 AM   #1
Keeper

I have two pistols that my father has given me that we know little about. The first is a little double action .32 revolver made by H&R in 1905 it is nickel plated and has worchester mass stamped in the side. The other revolver has a trigger that collapses forward into a grove and then drops down when you pull back on the hammer, it has no trigger guard at all. The markings are worn but as far as I can tell they say 1889 Bredsia R-tab Darmi. I am not sure of the chambering, I thought it was .45 long colt but I am not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old July 29, 1999, 08:38 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

KEEPER:
Need a little more information:

H&R:
How long is the barrel?
How many shot?
Pistol revolver?

1889 Bredsia R-tab Darmi:
Use a #2 graphite pencil, go over the markings, this should bring up the stamped items on the pistol.

Length of Barrel?
No of Shots?
Proof Marks? (describe)

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited July 29, 1999).]
Old July 30, 1999, 11:25 AM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

Hi Keeper,

Harley has provided H&R info, so I will chip in on the other revolver. It is a Pistola a Rotatzione (revolver) Modelo 1889 A. It was an Italian service revolver. They were made by Glisenti and Brescia, among others. The caliber is 10.35 Italian, which I think Fiocchi still makes. The Italians liked folding trigger revolvers, apparently for safety reasons. Value is negligible, but they are interesting guns and reasonably well made. Interarms once had so many they could not sell, that they made them into table lamps; I have two of them.

Jim