The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 16, 2014, 03:24 PM   #26
45Slade

Dead air from Friendswood

I ordered in late January. They billed my Visa almost immediately. No other communication since. I've left messages and emailed.

The four weeks on the web page and the claim on their voice mail that they are working on December orders both appear to be way out of date.

The vendors they list on their web page have all given up ever seeing anything from them. One vendor said he actually got someone on the phone, but was stalled off with a claim that he didn't know status of the order. I'm really not sure this business is in operation any more, but they'll certainly take your money.

I've filed a dispute through Visa to get my money back.
Old April 16, 2014, 11:22 PM   #27
Nick_C_S

Quote:
The last time I ordered from Friendswood was on 9/7/13. I received the package on 12/19/13.
^^ From me - see#15 for the full post. ^^

That was the last time I ordered from Friendswood.

Too bad. Great bullets. Not to beat a dead horse, but it's just too bad there was no communication. It was the lack of communication - not the delayed order(s) - that lost my business.
Old April 17, 2014, 07:06 AM   #28
skizzums

if you want good lead cast in the same price range, i recommend http://georgia-arms.com/
i deal with them all the time and personally know some of the staff, its a good company with nice folks, but since i cast my own now the only thing i buy is 223 from grafs and plated from extreme bullets
Old May 4, 2014, 10:00 AM   #29
smee78

Well I'm not happy to find this thread, I had ordered from them in the past and when I was picking up a new caliber I did not even think about it, I ordered from then again. Now to find out all this stuff is popping up I think I will go ahead and try to canx my order through my CC. Its to bad because I like to support small business owners and there bullets were good in my opinion. Any one hear or get there bullets from them lately?
Old May 4, 2014, 02:15 PM   #30
Peter M. Eick

We used to get them locally here (they are just north of us a ways on the other side of Houston) but I have not seen them on the shelves in years. When I asked about it I was gold that they could not be sourced locally anymore so I started buying other places.

If they came back I would support them again. There is the advantage of no shipping costs when you buy "face to face".