The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 1, 2010, 07:28 PM   #26
shortwave

My dream hunt would also be to Saskatchewan.

I'd also extensively investigate the guide service I chose.

I know a local guide here in Southeastern Ohio that's the biggest joke around. There's nothing regulating " deer hunting" guide service's in Ohio as of yet. It's getting to be a lucrative business here with alot of ' fly -by-night' outfitters and angry clients.
Old July 3, 2010, 10:49 PM   #27
Jack O'Conner

I hunted this amazing red stag at Double D Ranch in southern Ohio last February. Cost was less than $1500. Use mapquest to determine distance from your home to zip code 45651.

The animals are wild & spooky. The hunt was challenging and great fun. Meals served are ABOVE average! I brought home much tasty meat, a fine trophy, and memories to last a lifetime!

www.ddranch.com

I receive zero commission or compensation for suggesting Double D to anyone.

Jack
Old July 4, 2010, 12:06 AM   #28
jakec2789

Ok, NC eastern zone gun season starts the 3rd weekend of october. Deer are not like IL, or Canada. However a buddy of mine took a 150 inch deer off of my land. The deer eat the heck out of the peanuts that farmers grow. I am surrounded on all sides by farms. So the deer are big on my particular tract. However drive 15 miles east and the deer average about 20lbs less. Just depends on where you are in the carolina's.

Illinois however, lots of MONSTER deer. Check out river bottom bucks, personal friend of my hunting buddy. website is

www.riverbottombucks.com