The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 25, 2013, 01:38 PM   #1
treebark

Equal gun rights video

Rarely, if ever, do you see pro-gun advertisements on network TV. This isn't because the NRA and other organizations don't want to advertise, but because networks won't take their money. And in my opinion, sometimes the NRA doesn't have the best spokesperson doing the communication (though I still support them).

The below video by The Second Amendment Foundation is different in my opinion. It is very straightforward, uses good common language and imagery to communicate the issue, and has decent production value. Often the pro gun rights movement loses the war of words ("assault rifle" when it is not, "citizens for gun safety" when they do not teach gun safety but only want to have more gun control laws passed, etc.). The video I've heard is suppose to air in a few markets on cable at least and I think they are hoping it goes viral online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBelF...layer_embedded

Clear, concise message that separate but equal not being equal can be applied to this issue as well.

Think there is much of a chance it will have an impact?

Last edited by treebark; February 25, 2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Wanted to add question for input.
Old February 25, 2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Evan Thomas

Decent video. I like it better than that Superbowl one, with all those children being exploited.

The quick cuts from one person to another were a bit fast for me -- I felt a little, as it were, bombarded -- but the message is clear and uncomplicated.

I do have mixed feelings about the recitation of the 2A at the end... can't quite put my finger on why, though...

I hope it catches on.