The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 9, 2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Headgear

Good deal on Dillon presses

I've seen a couple posts on the cost of reloading in the last few weeks. I bought an XL650 press with a lot of options for roughly $1,150.00 and got a $200.00 discount. If your interested, here's what I did.

I was looking on eBay for a Dillon press. I came across a post that read "Dillon 650 loaded" It was from a place called, Treeline sports. I called the guy with some questions and he told me that eBay was running a special that, if you purchased an item using the "buy it now" price, using PayPal and doing the search from a search engine called "Live Search" (I think that was the name), you could apply for a 25% refund ( up to $200.00). I did it and it worked. If you call Treeline, 610-306-9809, Jeff will give you the details.

I checked his prices against Dillon's and they were within a few dollars. The information about this offer said that it could take up to 90 days to get the refund but I can wait that long for 200 greenies. I'm not sure how long that offer is running,but I hope if anyone is looking, it would save you some money too.
Old December 10, 2008, 04:51 AM   #2
Whisper 300

Headgear,

Be sure to write us back when you get the check from "Treeline".

Always suspicious when it takes 3 months for a company to cut a check.
Can you wait 90 days to pay your electric bill?

My concern is that they will never pay and a goodly percentage of folks will either forget or lose the documentation or they never planned to pay the rebate anyway.

Keep the forum in the loop for future consideration regarding this firms willingness to actually make good on the rebate.

Gary
Old December 10, 2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Headgear

I'll have to look up the information again, but the refund was not coming from Treeline. It was an offer between eBay, Live Search and PayPal and I think it was to be refunded by eBay. You could use it for any "buy it now" listing on eBay. I'll have to go back and look.
Old December 10, 2008, 10:40 AM   #4
ilbob

It sounds goofy but others have reported it is legit.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
Old December 10, 2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Headgear

If you do a search "live search eBay" you will see all the info.
Old December 10, 2008, 12:24 PM   #6
GeorgeF

That deal is dead

I was doing same thing. At the time I was looking, the Live.com cashback was 25%. It's all legit.

Only problem is now it is 8%. BIG difference from 20% but maybe still enough to get you to look.

My problem was that all the stuff I was looking for was all gone when I was shopping - had to settle for a Lee classic turret press. You look now and everyone is stocked up to full again on eBay.