The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 5, 2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Drue

Moly

What do y'all think about moly coated bullets for target shooting? From what I have read, it seems like a number of people think that it will reduce the level of fouling over a number of rounds. Others think that moly coated bullets introduce their own kind of fouling that is harder to clean than the usual copper fouling. All seem to agree that moly over an improperly cleaned copper barrel is bad. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Drue
Old October 7, 2004, 12:08 AM   #2
Paul Fitz Jones

Moly opinion

As a commercial bulletcaster, reloader and indoor Police Firearms Instructor when moly was first used in the 1970's for my bullets I stopped because of information I obtained that breathed moly residue was worse than breathing asbestos residue on the lungs so I have stuck with wax based bullet lubricants.

Paul