The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 3, 2004, 10:18 PM   #1
beardking

Beardking Ammo has officially begun production

Well, today I officially became a reloader. At about 1:30 this afternoon I shot off the first 10 rounds of my own personally loaded ammunition and it was just down right great. Didn't even blow anything off. I'm shooting a .40 S&W CZ 75B in Satin Nickel and the loads I shot came out perfect. This gun is pretty accurate to begin with, but when I shot these loads it actually seemed to improve it (hoping so at least).

Here's what I shot:

CCI Blazer Brass (once fired, by me)
Winchester WSP Primer
Hodgdon Titegroup Powder - 4.2 grains
Speer TMJ .400" 180 grain

Kept it in a nice tight 2 inch group. Just had to brag. Now to load a full box and see how I do. (didn't want to do too many the first time until I figured out if I knew what I was doing)
Old October 4, 2004, 08:45 AM   #2
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Heartiest congratulations!

- - And welcome into the fold. Glad to see you're starting off slowly. This important aspect of reloading (--And handloading, as well - -) is frequently overlooked by those new to the activity. They become so enthralled by the boundless prospects that they allow their good sense to be overcome by enthusiasm.

Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember, any POSSIBLE error you can make, any question you may formulate, it is quite likely that someone on the forum has made exactly that goof, has sought the answer to a very similar question. You may well receive a bewildering array of answers, and, truly, there's often more than one "right" way. Help is as near as your keyboard.

Again: We're happy to welcome a new addic - - OOOOPpps, another enthusiast.

Best,
Johnny
Old October 4, 2004, 08:48 AM   #3
beardking

Nah, you were right in the first place. I'm an addict. Like all of my hobbies, I get REALLY into them, REALLY quick. Luckily I have enough fear of explosions that I'm not going to let my enthusiasm overload me and cause body parts of mine to start disappearing (that would be bad). Hopefully next weekend I'll have a good report about how my next 90 loads go (that's all the bullets I have left to load right now ;-) ).
Old October 4, 2004, 06:23 PM   #4
Archie

BeardKing, congratulations!

If all your reloads fired and the gun is still operational, you did well.

If all your reloads fired, the gun is still operational and you still have all your major body parts, you did great.

If all your reloads fired, the gun is still operational, you still have all your major body parts and you hit the target, you did exceptional.

If all your reloads fired, the gun is still operational, you still have all your major body parts, you hit the target and you found all your brass.... have a cool one.

Check out updated journal at http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/
Old October 4, 2004, 10:15 PM   #5
beardking

Dang man, I just missed earning a cold one. Of course, that's partly because I refused to pass the firing line and pick up my brass that bounced off my hat and went ahead of me instead of behind me. ;-)