The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 14, 2014, 12:05 PM   #1
Venom1956

Any pictures of pistol bore?

Does anyone have some good pictures of their used pistol bores? Autos or Revolvers, Stainless or blued. I'd just like to compare mine to others to make sure I am cleaning sufficiently.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old July 14, 2014, 12:42 PM   #2
chris in va

Safe to say once a gun has a few rounds fired through, it is considered 'used'. Are you asking to see a pic of a cleaned bore?
Old July 14, 2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Venom1956

yeah. because my used bores and like new bores differ in appearance greatly.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old July 17, 2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Venom1956

No luck so far huh? Chris if you get around to it I'd really appreciate it. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.

I something on one side of each rifling that is darker and less shiny then the rest of the bore. I thought It was copper fouling but I can't seem to remove it with normal cleaning. So I thought I'd check here and see if its just burnt on residue (copper or lead build up perhaps?) or something usual/normal or something I should examine further. Since I clean all my guns the same I don't really have a control that has been cleaned differently (tools/chemicals) and I know that my unfired bores look totally different because they are well unfired?

Last edited by Venom1956; July 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old July 20, 2014, 04:14 PM   #5
curt.45

tell us what kind of gun you have, and you may even get a picture of the same bore, at least i'll see what i can do.
Old July 20, 2014, 04:32 PM   #6
skizzums

ill post a couple in a few minutes

Last edited by skizzums; July 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old July 20, 2014, 10:58 PM   #7
skizzums

the first two are a 9x19, if you look at the front view you can see some leading, this barrel has over 2000 rounds through it

the other two are a taurus 357, it has very shallow rifling, was difficult to get a good pic that showed the grooves, but barrell has less tha 6-700 through it
Old July 21, 2014, 08:59 PM   #8
Venom1956

thank you very much. I'll post what i've got in a bit.