The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 25, 2007, 06:45 PM   #1
billtool

Crimso Trace Laser

Wow...has everyone had a fantasic experience with their Crimson Trace grips? I recently installed them on my SW1911. I'm glad they didn't cost twice the money. They're worth it. Thoughts?
Old July 25, 2007, 07:35 PM   #2
JWT

I don't own any Crimson Trace grips but have used a friends Sig 9mm and also a S&W revolver that have them installed. They're really fun to shoot with and it's amazing how accurate they are and how easy it is to shoot well with them. I told the guy they belong to that it's cheating to use them - too easy to hit the bullseye.
Old July 25, 2007, 07:46 PM   #3
hoytinak

I've got them on 3 different firearms so far and just ordered a set for my new Sig. I've been told several times by some of my buddies that I was cheating using them out at the range. They will tell you just how accurate your handguns can be. Don't forget though that it's still very important to practice with your factory sights as the lasers are a mechanical device that can fail when you need it most.
Old July 25, 2007, 08:07 PM   #4
billtool

You're right on regarding relying on these things for much more than target acquisition. Then too only in less lit situations. They are fantastic at the range though. Found it actually helped with the flinch I perpetually battle. Nothings a substitute for knowing where your gun shoots. It's still fun to put a fist side hole in a target at 20 yards.
Old July 30, 2007, 02:09 AM   #5
skeeter

After you can shoot very well then get the Crimson's. They are GREAT ! I am very good with fast moving targets but better when using the Crimson's.