The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 1, 2002, 05:28 PM   #1
yankytrash

Getting TFL listed on VCDL's "Sponsor" page?

Hey all, need some ideas here.

I'm the Tidewater Area Coordinator for the Virginia Citizens Defense League, and I've recently (yesterday) been named an Executive Member.

I have the power to influence the fellow Executive Members to list anyone of my choosing on the VCDL "Sponsors" page.

Because of TFL's conservative moderation, information to be had, interesting political discussions, and for the fact that they let me list any VA-Alert I want in the GD or L&P sections, I thought it only proper that I try a push to get TFL listed on the VCDL "Sponsors" page.

The dilemna, of course, is that Rich doesn't take money, doesn't donate money, doesn't provide link exchanges, and, from what I can see, doesn't push for any particular progun movements (but instead lets all progun movements post their views/opinions here). I completely understand all that, and appreciate it very much. Let's the site run smoothly, without interference or bias.

To get on the VCDL Sponsors page, normally some monetary/merchandise contribution, contribution of tables at gun shows (in the case of show promoters), time contributions gets a place listed on the Sponsors page.

I understand that TFL lets us post any of our VCDL concerns on the board, but that's just the nature of the beast. Anybody can do that, no special consideration required.

I really want TFL on that page. I feel it'd be a huge asset to that page, and provide answers to a lot of questions from gun owners.

Unfortunately, if another site wants to be listed, and the only reason TFL was listed was because we could post VCDL Alerts on TFL, any gun discussion site could be listed there as long as they let VCDL post there. Unfortuntely, those same boards let a lot more stuff get posted on their boards that aren't really suitable for all audiences.

I'm picking TFL for it's conservative moderation and variety of guns/weapons discussed, and I'm not sure that's good enough reason for the other Executive Members to vote for it's listing.

Can anybody help me out with this? Any ideas I can throw out there?